Well,
Yesterday, the speakers were BIll and Jeane Morone. They were really great. Didn't take a lot of notes, but he said a couple of things that hit home. First, he said that it took Dave Bedard 19.5 years to go Diamond. When someone asked Dave how long it took him to go Diamond, and they found out, and asked why it took so long, his reply was "it took just long enough".
Bill said that we are trying to rush this thing and feel that just because we sign on the bottom line, that that entitles us to the money. No, we have to make certain changes and become......He stressed the importance of not worrying and rushing the process. He also said that the 2-5 years is from when you start STPing consistantly.
The other thing that he mentioned (which we have heard before) is that we have to focus on helping other people, and not focus on the money. If we are focused on how much PV someone will bring us, we will never succeed, because we are focusing on the wrong thing, He said that we have to focus on helping other people, and not the money. Once we can really change that focus, then we will succeed in this biz.
That is my problem. I am so concerned about the money, that it is all I am focused on. Sure, when I STP, I am talking to them about the dream, but down at the heart of it, the motivation is the money. Now of course, I want to make money in this, but Jane said on the way home, if the only reason I am doing this is for the money, then I should quit and get a part time job, because we are spending more than we are making. There is a greater reason that we are doing this biz, and I need to change my focus on dreambuilding from MAKING MONEY to a dream that doesn't involve cash. For example..travelling or something llike that.
Still a touch hurdle, but I know that this is all revolves around faith, and that is what I need to work on.
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment